Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Thrift Share - I'm Back!

I've been on a bit of a thrifting hiatus recently, its been a mix of travel, allergies & tons of work...but I'm back to my old ways & picked up a few fun things this weekend.  
My better half Tim (I tell him that sometimes for fun, lol) loves shoes, and I thought he may actually like to put this old shoe shine kit in his office & put it to use.  I believe its from the 70s, and it's filled to the brim with brushes, waxes & polishes.  He says his dad used to have one just like it...but decided he'd rather go to the shoe shine guy than do his own waxing (he's a little spoiled!)

This 1950s GE Oscillating Fan works like a dream.  I think it's crazy cool and is in great shape with the exception of a large black marker ink across the base.  But for only $5.00 I couldn't just let it stay behind.


Since the Industrial Modern revolution is in full swing, I picked up this old file box for only $1.  It's still got the original file folders and am guessing it's 1960s or 1970s.

This book "Young Children and Their Drawings" is very interesting....but also a little sad as it shows many normal drawings but is also a tool to assess developmental issues based on drawings too.

These Disney Dominos are from 1976 and a complete set of 28 will make a great listing in my Etsy shop.

These sweet little dresses & amazing suit are also for the shop.  Clockwise from Top Left:
1980s Escada 2 piece suit in an amazing Plum Purple
1950s Yellow Shift Dress from B.H. Wraggle
1970s Cotton Shirtwaist Plaid Dress
Mixing up the separates :-)

Hope you enjoyed my Thrifty Finds & I look forward to seeing all the other amazing treasures on Apron Thrift Girls Thrift Share Monday as well as Her Library Adventures!

Cheers ~ Lara




4 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL!!! I love the file box. I found one recently, but my husband was not thrilled about the color so we left it behind. Plus our treasure trove is so full I can't buy everything anymore.

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that shoeshine kit! I'd totally use that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I really like that box file too

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fan is my favorite! I have two like it. One is in great shape, the orignial baby blue paint is perfect. The other is, eh, pretty rusty and plain. I was thinking about taking it apart and spray painting it a glossy color. Hummm... I wonder if I could manage to put it back together again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

NowSoLA Vintage (112) Vintage Decor (55) Thrift Share (38) Photography (30) Preview Listings (25) Vintage Fashion (25) California Living (24) Inspirational Outings (22) Thrift Art Gallery (19) Vintage Fabrics (17) New Listings (16) Vintage Accessories (16) instagram (15) thrift store (15) Blooms (12) Stella (12) Vintage Books (12) Mid Century Modern (10) Worldly Travels (10) Behind the Scenes (9) Flowers (9) Modern Art (9) My Art (9) Vintage Toys (9) Lucy (8) House Tour (7) Africa (6) Art Pottery (5) France (5) SALE (5) thrift art (5) Christian Dior (4) Folk Art (4) Kenya (4) latin american art (4) Artist Profile (3) Delano Hotel (3) LA Art Show (3) Paris artist (3) Singapore (3) Vera Neumann (3) christmas (3) hyper-realist painting (3) Armani (2) Asia (2) Bali (2) Birds (2) Damien Hirst (2) David Bromley (2) Irwin Signature (2) Janet Rothwoman (2) Marrakech (2) Mikasa (2) Mombasa (2) Monaco (2) Morocco (2) digital collage (2) nativity (2) resolutions (2) 76 Drill (1) Artist JR (1) Bernard Buffet (1) Brewery Art Walk (1) Carmageddon (1) Cartier (1) Charley Harper (1) Creative Courage (1) David Auld Haiti (1) David Band (1) David Lefner (1) Dodge Bookends (1) Eames (1) Finn Juhl (1) Flintridge China (1) Frye Boots (1) G. Lelong (1) Gaultier (1) Georges Briard (1) Globe (1) Gorham China (1) Gucci (1) Guillermo Bert (1) Halloween (1) Henry Moore (1) Irving Shapiro (1) Jonathan Adler (1) Julien Pacaud (1) Kandinsky (1) Kokeshi (1) Korean Friendship Bell (1) Krenit Bowl (1) M. Saleh (1) MFR (1) Museum Ludwig (1) Nauga Monster (1) Paul Klee (1) Paul McCobb (1) Picasso (1) Pret a Porter (1) Quaker Lace (1) Rome (1) Salinas (1) Sandoval (1) Sea Things (1) Sock Monkey (1) StumbleUpon (1) Stylish Blogger (1) Sunal Alvar (1) The Huntington (1) Unaka Pottery (1) Versace (1) bird print (1) boulanger (1) clock (1) dior bag (1) doll (1) graciela rodo boulanger (1) ornament (1) oswaldo guayasamin (1)

Followers