Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Decorating Dilemmas

We've been living in our Long Beach home for a little over 2 years now.  It's a rental, so we can't do any major changes like painting or remodeling ~ so I do a lot of tweaking to our furnishings.
My biggest decorating challenge has been our back room~den.  It's an odd shaped room off the kitchen and along the back of the house.  The door & window open up to the patio.  It's very long & kind of narrow and I just can't get it right.
View into Kitchen...say Hi to Stella!
I know hanging curtains would make a world of difference.  In a dream world, I'd knock all those windows out and put sliding glass doors across the back of the house!
Back corner of Room
View from Kitchen...notice how the TV has to be hooked up on this wall.  It makes area where brown couch is awkward.
I've rearranged the furniture several times & lately have been moving paintings & accessories in from other rooms.
This was a while back, notice all the red accessories.  They look great, but I'm sick of staring at the same colors for over 2 years and just needed a change.  Also, notice the bench & couch are angled differently?
I just changed up some of the pillows & the coffee table (this is the 3rd that I've tried).  I love the shape and height of this one...but the mirror is just not practical in this busy space.   Too many smudges & too much dog hair.
Also looking for new pillows.
Morgan at the Brick House just found the perfect coffee table on Craigslist in LA...it's EXACTLY what I've been looking for!  Why wasn't I scouring LA Craigslist last week???
I'm so jealous...wouldn't this table be perfect!!!  
I guess I'll keep tweaking till I get it right...and I'm open to any Decorating Suggestions!!!  You probably can't tell from the pictures that the tags are still attached to the pillows. lol.  But I'm still not decided on the brown floral pillows.  I wanted some more color, but think they feel a little too "patio furniture" inspired.  Thank goodness Home Goods has a 30 day return policy, I just don't know if these are right.

The hunt continues!

Cheers ~ Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

NowSoLA Vintage (112) Vintage Decor (55) Thrift Share (38) Photography (30) Preview Listings (25) Vintage Fashion (25) California Living (24) Inspirational Outings (22) Thrift Art Gallery (19) Vintage Fabrics (17) New Listings (16) Vintage Accessories (16) instagram (15) thrift store (15) Blooms (12) Stella (12) Vintage Books (12) Mid Century Modern (10) Worldly Travels (10) Behind the Scenes (9) Flowers (9) Modern Art (9) My Art (9) Vintage Toys (9) Lucy (8) House Tour (7) Africa (6) Art Pottery (5) France (5) SALE (5) thrift art (5) Christian Dior (4) Folk Art (4) Kenya (4) latin american art (4) Artist Profile (3) Delano Hotel (3) LA Art Show (3) Paris artist (3) Singapore (3) Vera Neumann (3) christmas (3) hyper-realist painting (3) Armani (2) Asia (2) Bali (2) Birds (2) Damien Hirst (2) David Bromley (2) Irwin Signature (2) Janet Rothwoman (2) Marrakech (2) Mikasa (2) Mombasa (2) Monaco (2) Morocco (2) digital collage (2) nativity (2) resolutions (2) 76 Drill (1) Artist JR (1) Bernard Buffet (1) Brewery Art Walk (1) Carmageddon (1) Cartier (1) Charley Harper (1) Creative Courage (1) David Auld Haiti (1) David Band (1) David Lefner (1) Dodge Bookends (1) Eames (1) Finn Juhl (1) Flintridge China (1) Frye Boots (1) G. Lelong (1) Gaultier (1) Georges Briard (1) Globe (1) Gorham China (1) Gucci (1) Guillermo Bert (1) Halloween (1) Henry Moore (1) Irving Shapiro (1) Jonathan Adler (1) Julien Pacaud (1) Kandinsky (1) Kokeshi (1) Korean Friendship Bell (1) Krenit Bowl (1) M. Saleh (1) MFR (1) Museum Ludwig (1) Nauga Monster (1) Paul Klee (1) Paul McCobb (1) Picasso (1) Pret a Porter (1) Quaker Lace (1) Rome (1) Salinas (1) Sandoval (1) Sea Things (1) Sock Monkey (1) StumbleUpon (1) Stylish Blogger (1) Sunal Alvar (1) The Huntington (1) Unaka Pottery (1) Versace (1) bird print (1) boulanger (1) clock (1) dior bag (1) doll (1) graciela rodo boulanger (1) ornament (1) oswaldo guayasamin (1)

Followers