Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thrift Art Gallery - Klee & Kandinsky

I just love the artwork of Paul Klee, and when I saw this 1930 Gallery Poster advertising an exhibit with Paul Klee & Wassily Kandinsky...I knew it was special.
This poster is from Galerie Berggruen in Paris.  Uner the image it says: Paul Klee, Aquarelle 1930, and Spectre D'Un Gurrier.
I just love the poster, but unfortunately I don't have anywhere to hang it.  Poor thing lives on the floor of my studio.  I have however, used it in a photo shoot or 2.
I've used it as a prop once or twice.
As I'm sure you already know, I love to collect Art Books.  I've snagged a few on Klee that I really adore...

I would be remiss without showing you my own ode to Klee, a mixed media drawing on paper.

Cheers ~ Lara

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me the value of the Klee & Kandinsky 1939 gallery poster.. I have been searching all night & finally found yours.. I got it at a thrift store for $3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you ever get a reply to this question? I too have this poster and can't find the value anywhere.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

NowSoLA Vintage (112) Vintage Decor (55) Thrift Share (38) Photography (30) Preview Listings (25) Vintage Fashion (25) California Living (24) Inspirational Outings (22) Thrift Art Gallery (19) Vintage Fabrics (17) New Listings (16) Vintage Accessories (16) instagram (15) thrift store (15) Blooms (12) Stella (12) Vintage Books (12) Mid Century Modern (10) Worldly Travels (10) Behind the Scenes (9) Flowers (9) Modern Art (9) My Art (9) Vintage Toys (9) Lucy (8) House Tour (7) Africa (6) Art Pottery (5) France (5) SALE (5) thrift art (5) Christian Dior (4) Folk Art (4) Kenya (4) latin american art (4) Artist Profile (3) Delano Hotel (3) LA Art Show (3) Paris artist (3) Singapore (3) Vera Neumann (3) christmas (3) hyper-realist painting (3) Armani (2) Asia (2) Bali (2) Birds (2) Damien Hirst (2) David Bromley (2) Irwin Signature (2) Janet Rothwoman (2) Marrakech (2) Mikasa (2) Mombasa (2) Monaco (2) Morocco (2) digital collage (2) nativity (2) resolutions (2) 76 Drill (1) Artist JR (1) Bernard Buffet (1) Brewery Art Walk (1) Carmageddon (1) Cartier (1) Charley Harper (1) Creative Courage (1) David Auld Haiti (1) David Band (1) David Lefner (1) Dodge Bookends (1) Eames (1) Finn Juhl (1) Flintridge China (1) Frye Boots (1) G. Lelong (1) Gaultier (1) Georges Briard (1) Globe (1) Gorham China (1) Gucci (1) Guillermo Bert (1) Halloween (1) Henry Moore (1) Irving Shapiro (1) Jonathan Adler (1) Julien Pacaud (1) Kandinsky (1) Kokeshi (1) Korean Friendship Bell (1) Krenit Bowl (1) M. Saleh (1) MFR (1) Museum Ludwig (1) Nauga Monster (1) Paul Klee (1) Paul McCobb (1) Picasso (1) Pret a Porter (1) Quaker Lace (1) Rome (1) Salinas (1) Sandoval (1) Sea Things (1) Sock Monkey (1) StumbleUpon (1) Stylish Blogger (1) Sunal Alvar (1) The Huntington (1) Unaka Pottery (1) Versace (1) bird print (1) boulanger (1) clock (1) dior bag (1) doll (1) graciela rodo boulanger (1) ornament (1) oswaldo guayasamin (1)

Followers