Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Thrift Share - What a Week

I had some really great thrift scores last week, so much so that I've told myself no more thrift shopping till I return from Europe in 3 weeks (though I don't know if I'll be able to resist!)

My week started off with these beauties.
 I posted more on the Thrift Collective about this sweet pair of Steelcase chairs & vintage magazine rack...so you can read more there.

I'm doing some redecorating (thinking I want more "Hollywood Regency" feel) & have been keeping my eye out for some lamps, chairs for our living room & a new coffee table for the den.
Well, I sure hit the jackpot on lamps this week!!!  
I'm in love with this pair of spicy mustard yellow lamps & the white bamboo urn, and think that the more decorative yellow one is pretty cool too.  

I also scored big at an estate sale where I got tons of vintage dresses & fabrics.  Some of which have already began to trickle into my Etsy shop NowSoLA.  
You can preview more of the items on my blog post from last week.

My honey grew up in way Upstate NY & is a hockey fan, so I picked up this tabletop hockey game for him cause I thought it seemed kinda cool...then I realized he could care less, and that it was quite a collectable item...It's a Bobby Orr Table hockey game made by Munro in 1973.
Last but not lease, I found these two 70s or 80s style graphic prints for $10 each.  I've already hung up the red & blue metallic piece, and will probably resell the tiger.  Anyone recognize the artists?
Thanks for helping me figure out this is by Charley Harper!
It's a numbered serigraph titled Cool Carnivore 597/2000.

Thanks for stopping by & I hope you enjoyed my recent finds.  Be sure to check out all of the other amazing goodies over at ATG's Thrift Share Monday :-)
Cheers ~ Lara

5 comments:

  1. The tiger is by Charley Harper. LOVE his work. Met him at an art show. He was a lovely, lovely man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some GREAT things! Love those chairs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks Mimi. I know of Charley Harper & love his kids books/animal alphabets. I really appreciate the info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Charley Harper print may be worth a bit of money if it is a serigraph and not a giclee print. You should research this before you sell it. I know his son runs his estate. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

NowSoLA Vintage (112) Vintage Decor (55) Thrift Share (38) Photography (30) Preview Listings (25) Vintage Fashion (25) California Living (24) Inspirational Outings (22) Thrift Art Gallery (19) Vintage Fabrics (17) New Listings (16) Vintage Accessories (16) instagram (15) thrift store (15) Blooms (12) Stella (12) Vintage Books (12) Mid Century Modern (10) Worldly Travels (10) Behind the Scenes (9) Flowers (9) Modern Art (9) My Art (9) Vintage Toys (9) Lucy (8) House Tour (7) Africa (6) Art Pottery (5) France (5) SALE (5) thrift art (5) Christian Dior (4) Folk Art (4) Kenya (4) latin american art (4) Artist Profile (3) Delano Hotel (3) LA Art Show (3) Paris artist (3) Singapore (3) Vera Neumann (3) christmas (3) hyper-realist painting (3) Armani (2) Asia (2) Bali (2) Birds (2) Damien Hirst (2) David Bromley (2) Irwin Signature (2) Janet Rothwoman (2) Marrakech (2) Mikasa (2) Mombasa (2) Monaco (2) Morocco (2) digital collage (2) nativity (2) resolutions (2) 76 Drill (1) Artist JR (1) Bernard Buffet (1) Brewery Art Walk (1) Carmageddon (1) Cartier (1) Charley Harper (1) Creative Courage (1) David Auld Haiti (1) David Band (1) David Lefner (1) Dodge Bookends (1) Eames (1) Finn Juhl (1) Flintridge China (1) Frye Boots (1) G. Lelong (1) Gaultier (1) Georges Briard (1) Globe (1) Gorham China (1) Gucci (1) Guillermo Bert (1) Halloween (1) Henry Moore (1) Irving Shapiro (1) Jonathan Adler (1) Julien Pacaud (1) Kandinsky (1) Kokeshi (1) Korean Friendship Bell (1) Krenit Bowl (1) M. Saleh (1) MFR (1) Museum Ludwig (1) Nauga Monster (1) Paul Klee (1) Paul McCobb (1) Picasso (1) Pret a Porter (1) Quaker Lace (1) Rome (1) Salinas (1) Sandoval (1) Sea Things (1) Sock Monkey (1) StumbleUpon (1) Stylish Blogger (1) Sunal Alvar (1) The Huntington (1) Unaka Pottery (1) Versace (1) bird print (1) boulanger (1) clock (1) dior bag (1) doll (1) graciela rodo boulanger (1) ornament (1) oswaldo guayasamin (1)

Followers