Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Thrift Share - Things I Love

Were away on vacation hitting the slopes of Colorado, so I don't have any new finds to share this week.
 But, in honor of Valentines Day, I decided to share a few of the thrifted finds that I love!

This pottery Kokeshi Doll makes me smile.  I found her at a yard sale a few months ago.
She's a solid, heavy piece of pottery and stands about 10" tall.   

Although I'm not too into labels, I just adore this Christian Dior envelope clutch that I thrifted a few months ago.  I find myself carrying it quite often and it was a true score at only $1.00!

I also came across these beautiful 1930's Art Deco Trojan Horse bookends by Dodge (who makes the Oscar statues) while thrifting for only $8.  
They are just gorgeous & hold a collection of my art books perfectly!

As you may have learned from my previous posts, my favorite thrifted finds are always paintings & art.

This may be one of the first paintings I ever purchased.  I picked it up years ago and have been carrying it around for as long as I can remember.  The problem is that it's huge, & I've never had the right place to hang it.  But after moving into our current home, I found the perfect place for it right above our bed. 

 Although I've never found any info about the artist Dormz Weimer (or Weiner)  I just love the painting & thought she would add a good close to my Valentines Day post.

I look forward to being back with some new items this week & wish you all lots of joy & love on Valentines!

Be sure to check out all of the other wonderful finds on ATG's Thrift Share Monday!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

NowSoLA Vintage (112) Vintage Decor (55) Thrift Share (38) Photography (30) Preview Listings (25) Vintage Fashion (25) California Living (24) Inspirational Outings (22) Thrift Art Gallery (19) Vintage Fabrics (17) New Listings (16) Vintage Accessories (16) instagram (15) thrift store (15) Blooms (12) Stella (12) Vintage Books (12) Mid Century Modern (10) Worldly Travels (10) Behind the Scenes (9) Flowers (9) Modern Art (9) My Art (9) Vintage Toys (9) Lucy (8) House Tour (7) Africa (6) Art Pottery (5) France (5) SALE (5) thrift art (5) Christian Dior (4) Folk Art (4) Kenya (4) latin american art (4) Artist Profile (3) Delano Hotel (3) LA Art Show (3) Paris artist (3) Singapore (3) Vera Neumann (3) christmas (3) hyper-realist painting (3) Armani (2) Asia (2) Bali (2) Birds (2) Damien Hirst (2) David Bromley (2) Irwin Signature (2) Janet Rothwoman (2) Marrakech (2) Mikasa (2) Mombasa (2) Monaco (2) Morocco (2) digital collage (2) nativity (2) resolutions (2) 76 Drill (1) Artist JR (1) Bernard Buffet (1) Brewery Art Walk (1) Carmageddon (1) Cartier (1) Charley Harper (1) Creative Courage (1) David Auld Haiti (1) David Band (1) David Lefner (1) Dodge Bookends (1) Eames (1) Finn Juhl (1) Flintridge China (1) Frye Boots (1) G. Lelong (1) Gaultier (1) Georges Briard (1) Globe (1) Gorham China (1) Gucci (1) Guillermo Bert (1) Halloween (1) Henry Moore (1) Irving Shapiro (1) Jonathan Adler (1) Julien Pacaud (1) Kandinsky (1) Kokeshi (1) Korean Friendship Bell (1) Krenit Bowl (1) M. Saleh (1) MFR (1) Museum Ludwig (1) Nauga Monster (1) Paul Klee (1) Paul McCobb (1) Picasso (1) Pret a Porter (1) Quaker Lace (1) Rome (1) Salinas (1) Sandoval (1) Sea Things (1) Sock Monkey (1) StumbleUpon (1) Stylish Blogger (1) Sunal Alvar (1) The Huntington (1) Unaka Pottery (1) Versace (1) bird print (1) boulanger (1) clock (1) dior bag (1) doll (1) graciela rodo boulanger (1) ornament (1) oswaldo guayasamin (1)

Followers