Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Money Bags.

I was due for some good Karma to come back my way.
 I had recently found an amazing pair of white aviator Chanel sunglasses at a restaurant and turned them into the hostess.  I'd told a waiter at a dinner that same week that he had undercharged us by over $100.
Not long after, a cashier had given me too much money back at the grocery and I promptly retuned the excess.  I did these things because they were the right thing to do, not because I wanted something in return.

I've seen it in my dreams so many times before...
I'm rummaging through a pile of purses that I bought.  
I put my hand in and pull out a big wad of cash.
It finally happened!
My Karma came back around!!!

I purchased these two bags at a thrift store on my way home from work one night.
I loved the red plaid one and had been looking for a new airplane carry-on.
The cute camera bag I though would be great for my Etsy shop
When I got home I started inspecting the bags closer for defects & what not. 
 I stuck my hand into the outside pocket of the big plaid bag, and pulled out a wad of Clean, Crisp $20 bills that were all dated 1981.  
$160 worth as a matter of fact.
I couldn't believe it!!! 
YIPEE!!!

I wish I'd taken pictures of the bills, the old 20s looked so different from todays currency.
I  treated my friends to dinner that night!
I also donated some $$ back to the store on my next visit along with a few bags of clothes & other goodies.

I'll continue to dream about finding another stash someday...but until then I'll try my best to continue to perpetuate good Karma.


1 comment:

  1. That's an awesome story! It was great meeting you today at Bella Cosa! I look forward to seeing you around LB also! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

NowSoLA Vintage (112) Vintage Decor (55) Thrift Share (38) Photography (30) Preview Listings (25) Vintage Fashion (25) California Living (24) Inspirational Outings (22) Thrift Art Gallery (19) Vintage Fabrics (17) New Listings (16) Vintage Accessories (16) instagram (15) thrift store (15) Blooms (12) Stella (12) Vintage Books (12) Mid Century Modern (10) Worldly Travels (10) Behind the Scenes (9) Flowers (9) Modern Art (9) My Art (9) Vintage Toys (9) Lucy (8) House Tour (7) Africa (6) Art Pottery (5) France (5) SALE (5) thrift art (5) Christian Dior (4) Folk Art (4) Kenya (4) latin american art (4) Artist Profile (3) Delano Hotel (3) LA Art Show (3) Paris artist (3) Singapore (3) Vera Neumann (3) christmas (3) hyper-realist painting (3) Armani (2) Asia (2) Bali (2) Birds (2) Damien Hirst (2) David Bromley (2) Irwin Signature (2) Janet Rothwoman (2) Marrakech (2) Mikasa (2) Mombasa (2) Monaco (2) Morocco (2) digital collage (2) nativity (2) resolutions (2) 76 Drill (1) Artist JR (1) Bernard Buffet (1) Brewery Art Walk (1) Carmageddon (1) Cartier (1) Charley Harper (1) Creative Courage (1) David Auld Haiti (1) David Band (1) David Lefner (1) Dodge Bookends (1) Eames (1) Finn Juhl (1) Flintridge China (1) Frye Boots (1) G. Lelong (1) Gaultier (1) Georges Briard (1) Globe (1) Gorham China (1) Gucci (1) Guillermo Bert (1) Halloween (1) Henry Moore (1) Irving Shapiro (1) Jonathan Adler (1) Julien Pacaud (1) Kandinsky (1) Kokeshi (1) Korean Friendship Bell (1) Krenit Bowl (1) M. Saleh (1) MFR (1) Museum Ludwig (1) Nauga Monster (1) Paul Klee (1) Paul McCobb (1) Picasso (1) Pret a Porter (1) Quaker Lace (1) Rome (1) Salinas (1) Sandoval (1) Sea Things (1) Sock Monkey (1) StumbleUpon (1) Stylish Blogger (1) Sunal Alvar (1) The Huntington (1) Unaka Pottery (1) Versace (1) bird print (1) boulanger (1) clock (1) dior bag (1) doll (1) graciela rodo boulanger (1) ornament (1) oswaldo guayasamin (1)

Followers