Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hello Dolly!

Let me say this first...dolls kinda Creep ME OUT!
I never want to be that crazy old lady surrounded by thousands of doll eyes watching my every move. EEK!
But every once in a while I'll come across a dolly or stuffed animal too cute to pass up.  I've sold a few of these treasures, but am thinking of restoring a few to a better condition to gift to some special kiddos in my life.
Here are a few of my Favorites! 

Nauga Monster - SOLD
I actually miss the Nauga Monster.  He was pretty cool & if I ever come across another one I'm saving it for my crazy friend Allie!



These are the sweetest pouty faced doll babies.  I'd love to get them some clothing and give them as gifts to my favorite little girls...but their shoes and hair are held down with tiny straight pins.  I definitely have to wait till this girls are older and understand not to play with them like their other dollies.
I'd love to know more about this adorable pair...any info?



Who doesn't love a Sock Monkey?  
I adopted this sweet family from an Estate Sale in Palos Verdes not long after moving to Cali.  They sat up in my art room smiling at me from a shelf for a few months.  Sadly, the family had to split up and the baby is still looking to be adopted :-(
Mom and Pop are now living a fancy life in France, and send updates to baby via email once in a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

NowSoLA Vintage (112) Vintage Decor (55) Thrift Share (38) Photography (30) Preview Listings (25) Vintage Fashion (25) California Living (24) Inspirational Outings (22) Thrift Art Gallery (19) Vintage Fabrics (17) New Listings (16) Vintage Accessories (16) instagram (15) thrift store (15) Blooms (12) Stella (12) Vintage Books (12) Mid Century Modern (10) Worldly Travels (10) Behind the Scenes (9) Flowers (9) Modern Art (9) My Art (9) Vintage Toys (9) Lucy (8) House Tour (7) Africa (6) Art Pottery (5) France (5) SALE (5) thrift art (5) Christian Dior (4) Folk Art (4) Kenya (4) latin american art (4) Artist Profile (3) Delano Hotel (3) LA Art Show (3) Paris artist (3) Singapore (3) Vera Neumann (3) christmas (3) hyper-realist painting (3) Armani (2) Asia (2) Bali (2) Birds (2) Damien Hirst (2) David Bromley (2) Irwin Signature (2) Janet Rothwoman (2) Marrakech (2) Mikasa (2) Mombasa (2) Monaco (2) Morocco (2) digital collage (2) nativity (2) resolutions (2) 76 Drill (1) Artist JR (1) Bernard Buffet (1) Brewery Art Walk (1) Carmageddon (1) Cartier (1) Charley Harper (1) Creative Courage (1) David Auld Haiti (1) David Band (1) David Lefner (1) Dodge Bookends (1) Eames (1) Finn Juhl (1) Flintridge China (1) Frye Boots (1) G. Lelong (1) Gaultier (1) Georges Briard (1) Globe (1) Gorham China (1) Gucci (1) Guillermo Bert (1) Halloween (1) Henry Moore (1) Irving Shapiro (1) Jonathan Adler (1) Julien Pacaud (1) Kandinsky (1) Kokeshi (1) Korean Friendship Bell (1) Krenit Bowl (1) M. Saleh (1) MFR (1) Museum Ludwig (1) Nauga Monster (1) Paul Klee (1) Paul McCobb (1) Picasso (1) Pret a Porter (1) Quaker Lace (1) Rome (1) Salinas (1) Sandoval (1) Sea Things (1) Sock Monkey (1) StumbleUpon (1) Stylish Blogger (1) Sunal Alvar (1) The Huntington (1) Unaka Pottery (1) Versace (1) bird print (1) boulanger (1) clock (1) dior bag (1) doll (1) graciela rodo boulanger (1) ornament (1) oswaldo guayasamin (1)

Followers